We offer a variety of programs for adults, and are always looking for great new ideas!
Blessing the World with Heart: Join us for a fourteen-week small group ministry program designed uniquely for SFUC by Rev. Samaya Oakley. Following a format in Heart to Heart, we’ll work through Rebecca Ann Parker’s book, Blessing the World: What Can Save Us Now. This is a book for the times in our lives when it feels like things are falling apart – when war, genocide, and injustice lead us to the brink of despair. Topics covered include:
- Finding our way through the rubble;
- Finding our way after the apocalypse;
- Finding our way not somewhere else, but here;
- Finding our way – you shall be like a watered garden;
- Cornerstornes – lifting up the human power to create heaven on earth
- Holy War and Nonviolent Resistance
- What they dreamed is ours to do
- Something far more deeply than interfused
- On this shining night
- Family values
- What shall we do with all this beauty?
- Soul music
- Love first
- Choose to bless the world.
Please note that the weekly evening programming is changing from Tuesday night to Thursday night. We’ll start at 7:00 pm and end at 9:00 pm on the following Thursdays.
January 12, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
March 2, 9, 30
April 6, 13, 20, 27
There will be a small fee to cover the cost of copies for reflection questions.